Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Yields 6-8 Servings
1 package organic Taco Seasoning (I used the simply organic brand, or you could make your own)
1 small organic yellow onion finely chopped
3 cloves organic crushed garlic
2 TBSP organic extra virgin olive oil
2 cups organic chopped baby spinach
1 jar of organic mild/medium salsa (use mild or medium depending on your level of spice preference)
1 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth (I used better than bullion brand)
2 cups water
1 can of organic corn drained and rinsed
1 can of organic pinto beans drained and rinsed
1 package of veggie ground*
Sliced green onion
Crushed tortilla chips
Non-Dairy Cheese (I used earth island brand)
1) Put your insta pot on sauté setting. Add olive oil and crushed garlic to the pot. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Do not let your garlic burn!
2) Chop your onion and spinach while the garlic sautés. Add it to the pot and cook for another 2-3 minutes until softened.
2) If you are using veggie ground add it to the pot and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add in a splash of veggie broth if things are starting to cook too quickly.
3) Add the remaining ingredients and give a good stir to ensure everything is mixed well.
4) Place lid on the insta pot and ensure it is sealed. Select the manual setting and set for 10 minutes.
5) Once the cook time is up release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 10-15 minutes. Release any remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions. Unlock and remove the lid.
6) Add soup to bowls and top with crushed tortilla chips, avocado slices, cheese or whatever other toppings you desire.
*I used a package of beyond ground for my veggie ground. If you don’t want to use veggie ground add an extra can of beans to the soup.
For the slow cooker method preparation would be the same, however cook time I would suggest using the low setting for 5-6 hours or high setting for 2-3 hours.