These beans are a great addition to any meal as a side dish or as a side for your weekly meal prep. I remember a long time ago when I decided to do a fitness competition I ate a lot of green beans since they were macro friendly. I got pretty tired of everything else I had to eat, but never my green beans!
Cheezy Green Beans
Gluten Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free
1 Package trimmed French Beans (organic if you can find them)
1 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive oil
2 heaping Tablespoons of Nutritional yeast
2-3 cloves of garlic
3 Tablespoons of water
1/4 tea spoon sea salt
1) Wash and trim the beans.
2) Place a sauté pan on the stove and set the heat to medium-high.
3) Add the olive oil to the pan and then the beans. Mix the beans so they are evenly coated with the olive oil.
4) Once the oil starts to sizzle turn the heat down to medium-low and add the water and garlic to the pan. Place a lid over the beans and allow to simmer for several minutes.
5) Remove the lid and check to see if the beans are tender. I prefer mine still slightly crunchy, but if you don’t place the lid back on and allow to cook for another several minutes.
6) Once the beans are cooked turn the heat to low and add the nutritional yeast and sea salt to the pan. Stir well so the beans are evenly coated. They should not be dry, if you need to add a splash of water to the pan.
6) Remove from heat and serve.
If the beans are not cheesy enough to your liking add more nutritional yeast. If you are craving something spicy try adding a spoonful of chilli garlic sauce.
These last for about 3-4 days in the fridge.